This post created specifically to guide you through on rooting Nexus 5.
For your information, the Google Nexus 5 may be free of third-party skins or apps, but it still needs to be set free, this is where rooting Nexus 5 comes in handy. Rooting Nexus 5 process is really easy to perform, to be honest you will be surprised how simple this process can be.
First of all, our team would like to thank Chainfire for showing us simple step on the rooting Nexus 5. Without his amazing rooting app we would have to choose the hard way. His rooting methods are newbie friendly and very fast.
We will be using CF-Root for this rooting Nexus 5 guide as it is very easy to execute. You will need to get fastboot drivers for the smartphone on your PC for the rooting Nexus 5 method to work flawlessly. You can get them from this LINK if you don’t have them already.
Disclaimer: Android Org Team through this guide will not be held responsible if something goes haywire. We will not be responsible for any damage done while rooting Nexus 5. Although this rooting Nexus 5 guide is easy, you should be vigilant and follow instructions.
ROOTING NEXUS 5
- Download the archive from this LINK.
- Extract the zip and place it somewhere convenient.
- Start your phone in fastboot mode by pressing volume up + volume down + power buttons.
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your PC via USB cable after you have successfully booted into the bootloader of the smartphone.
- If you are a windows user run the file named “root-windows.bat”.
- If you use Linux do chmod + x root-linux.sh and then run “root-linux.sh”.
- If Mac is your OS do chmod + x root-mac.sh and run “root-mac.sh”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish rooting Nexus 5.
There you go now you can have full freedom while using the latest smartphone from Google and LG.
Give it a try and have fun all the way.