How to Download YouTube Videos on Android in 2016
A new year is right around the corner and with it our updated guide that will teach the best ways how to download YouTube videos on Android operating system. Some methods have remained the same as last year and others are brand new.
Web browser based video downloading services are often the easiest way how you can download any YouTube video into your device. You don’t have to install anything at all since you need only a web browser. We have selected three most popular solutions, but you can easily find many more if you google something like “youtube online downloader”.
KeepVid is a free online application that supports 28 different sites at the time of writing this article. These include YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Soundcloud, or Flickr. All you need to do is to copy and paste the URL and hit the download button.
ClipConverter combines a YouTube downloader with the ability to instantly convert downloaded files into several supported audio and video formats.
The download process is very simple: just past the URL, select any video quality you like and hit the “Start!” button.
Last but not least, there is VideoGrabby. This online YouTube video downloader requires just one step to download any video you like. It also supports search, which can be handy when you want to avoid awkwardly copy and pasting the URL on a mobile device.
TubeMate is a popular Android YouTube downloader that makes video saving easy and convenient. The app lets you select from multiple options with regards to video quality and storage location. It’s possible to download several files at once or search for videos directly from the app itself.
The application is not available on Google Play and can only be downloaded from the official website and a handful of selected partner sites. You should avoid downloading TubeMate from any other place on the Internet that is not endorsed on the official website. There is a large number of fake applications that could infect your smartphone or tablet with malicious software.
Despite its name, TubeMate supports several different websites including DailyMotion, YouKu, Facebook, Vimeo, MetaCafe, Naver, and others.
- Fast download mode(with multiple connections for a download)
- Multiple download resolution options
- Background, multi-download
- Resume downloading
- Convert to MP3 (powered by MP3 Media Converter)
- Playlist as video/audio(powered by Meridian Player)
- Share your video finds via Google Buzz, Twitter or e-mail at the tap of a button
- YouTube search and related videos suggestions
- Save favorite videos to your YouTube account, create playlists
Advanced Download Manager
[appbox googleplay screenshots com.dv.adm]
Advanced Download Manager is one of the most powerful download managers available on Android. The free version is supported with ads and you have the option to purchase the Pro version if you want to get rid of them and support the developer.
The application is able to download up to three files simultaneously and accelerate the download process by using multithreading. The integrated ADM Browser supports multiple tabs for convenient browsing and is able to easily send files to the downloader and intercept mp4 videos from sites like YouTube.
Video files can be downloaded in the background and resumed in case of sudden connection loss. Advanced users have the option to define automatic actions after a download is completed, import large list of links from a text file, autostop downloads in case of low battery, and much more.
Advanced Download Manager is a fantastic multipurpose solution that can handle much more beyond just downloading videos from YouTube and other sites. It may take a short while until you become familiar with all its features, but you will be rewarded with a very capable application that you can rely on.
- download up to three files simultaneously
- accelerated download by using multithreading (9 parts)
- interception of links from the browser and clipboard
- icon of the program and downloading progress in the notification panel
- backup list of downloads and settings on SD card
- completion notification by sound and vibration
- resume after reconnection or program restart
- save different file types in different folders
- built-in browser for sites with registration
- plan files download on a schedule
- widget on your home screen
- site manager
- and many more…
[appbox googleplay screenshots org.vylar.videopocket]
VideoPocket is a simple YouTube video downloader for Android with an elegant Material design user interface and support for many different sites. All you need to do to download a video is to share it into the app or paste the URL and click download.
You can choose whether you want to save video or audio file. This option is perfect for downloading music and long compilations.
The app isn’t free, but you get 7 days long free trial that you can use to test it out and see if it’s worth the money.
VideoPocket is currently in BETA and some things can be rough around the edges.
OGYouTube is a modified YouTube client for Android with several additional features such as popup playback or the ability to download videos for offline viewing.
You can select from many different video quality options and even choose to download directly to MP3 audio format to save some space and bandwidth.
The application is very easy to use because it essentially works exactly like the stock YouTube client. The only real exception is the addition of a download button below each video. Pressing this download button opens a new window where you can choose video and audio quality, subtitles, and download location.
It’s a good idea not to use OGYouTube for regular YouTube usage since it doesn’t exactly follow the rules and you could lose the ability to download videos.
Downloads links are available in the official XDA forum thread.
- You can download multiple downloads in the meantime
- You can watch the video on Background & Popup Window
- You can watch the video while the Screen is off
- You can play all qualities *140p~1440p*
- You can download the video as [MP3]
- You can download the subtitles
- You can download any quality
- Option to press back button twice to exit the video
- And more
SnapTube YouTube downloader is a simple and elegant tool that lets you download videos from many supported sites including YouTube, Vevo, Vimeo, MetaCafe, Facebook, LiveLeak, Vine, DailyMotion, Instagram, and many others.
The app comes packed with many useful options that let you fine-tune the video download by choosing the quality and place to store the file.
You can seach videos by popularity, views, recommendations, or inside a large catalog with 11 subcategories. Just tape the name of your favorite artist or video and you will be instantly presented with an accurate list of resutls.
The app is in an active development with new features being constantly added.
How to download and install SnapTube
- Go to www.snaptube.in, click on Download.
- Go to Settings > Security on your device and turn on Unknown sources.
- After click OK to turn on Unknown sources, select the downloaded .apk file to install
Videoder describes itselfs as the world’S most advanced Youtube Music and Video downaloader for Android. It’s available for download on the official website and it has been already downloaded by more than 20 million users from all around the world.
This YouTube video downloader lets you downalod any video with just 2 simple steps. You can easily search for any video using a personalized search engine that is able to quickly go though services like YouTube, Vimeo, DailyMotion, and others.
- Download SHARED VIDEOS from people around the world in various resolutions and format- 1080p (Full HD) , 720p, 480p, 360p, 240p, 144p, mp4, flv, 3gp, webm, DIRECT MP3 (Only supported by multi core devices)
- Preview any video before downloading it. You can watch any video by streaming it directly. This prevents you from downloading wrong videos
- Pause downloads in between and the resume them. You can even resume interrupted downloads. Saves you a lot of precious data
- Manage all your Video and Audio downloads from a single easy to manage downloads screen
- The most simplistic and futuristic User Interface makes app extremely easy to use
[appbox googleplay screenshots mb.videoget]
vGet is an extremely handy tool that is able to detect embedded videos in websites and instantly downloaded for offline playback or stream them when paired with a compatible video player or Chromecast.
The integrated download manager supports multiple simultaneous connections for fast download speeds. You can also resume failed downloads in case of sudden connection loss.
This tool is compatible with all HTML5 videos and some common flash videos without requiring flash player to be installed on the device. You should not expect any miracles since flash support is not an important feature as flash itself is expected to fade away into obscurity during the next few years.
vGet is distributed as a 14-day trial with unlock option being available as an in-app purchase. It costs 3.30 € plus VAT.